Sunday, July 12, 2015

How I Love The Beach Life

For most of my childhood, my family lived near the beach.  We lived on Pennsylvania Avenue right off of Pacific Coast Highway in Lomita, California.  To this day, I love everything about the beach.  I love the ocean, the sand, the smell, the sound of seagulls, the sound of the waves, the sound of boats in the distance, the boats and ships sailing in the distance, the surfers, the sound of laughter, the crowds it draws, the boardwalks, the shops, the food and just the sheer chaos of it all.

When life gets a little too overwhelming, I like to go sit on a bench in front of the ocean.  My favorite escape when I lived in California was the San Diego beaches.  I loved Corona Del Mar too!!  Corona Del Mar was more isolated and the tide pools were incredible.  Then like every other isolated spot, it gets discovered. I feel closest to my Creator near the ocean.

I love to paint anything having to do with bodies of water.  I love painting elements that live in or near bodies of waters.  I didn't realize how much until I started taking inventory of my art.


























 

2 comments:

  1. Land locked and envious in Indiana... haha I'm loving your fish Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jamie! Are you away from your paints?

    ReplyDelete